El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Reader submission

I really love the people who read this blog. En serio. We are a group of people scattered throughout the world who have a sense of humor all of our own. Someday, maybe, we will all get together and take over a country, maybe a small country, maybe Cape Verde. It seems nice there. Bueno, until that day comes, I guess we’ll just have to congregate here.

This was sent to me moments ago by a reader:

El G,

I know that Picture Caption Friday (Viernes) is coming up and I had to share the following pictures with you:


The only thing that could have been more perfect is if they had popped collars. A group of friends scored some really amazing seats to the Nationals (baseball) game in DC and these guys were getting annoyed with our obnoxious screams. Every time we yelled, they would look around in disgust.

Please notice how the two guys (a couple as far as I’m concerned) are wearing identical shirts of a different color. Notice the no sock look. Notice the loving arm around the “buddy”.

There was so much pent up homosexual tension between those two that it was making our whole section cry.

Anyway, you can post this on the Internet if you want. Or, just laugh. I hope you get a kick out of it.


Keep writing.

DC un-Yuppie

Wow. Here I was ready to post some pictures from my most recent trip to New Orleans and you go and send me this.

Gracias. Really. Gracias. I really can’t add much to these fantastic pictures other than my caption is: The Douche Bag Date. I really do LOVE the word "douche." It is very cute that they had the same shirt on. I like it. In mi libro, there is nothing wrong with them, but the no sock thing, bueno, at least he wasn’t wearing Crocs.... I guess that isn't really a collar popper thing.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

PS: Por favor keep sending these pictures in. I love them. If you ever see something funny, take the picture and send it along. It usually makes my day.

16 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

Literally laughing so hard, I am choking.

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It isn't even Friday? You must still be drunk

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger ~*~Esmerelda~*~ said...

In mi libro as well, no es una problema que son a couple. Por que, they must be not too bright since they need to wear colors to rememeber who is "man" and who is the "woman."

Perhaps your Mom will light a candle for me as well?

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe they actually are a couple, but knew they had to not be obvious because homophobic assholes would take pictures of them and post them on the internet?

I am disappointed, El Guapo.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relax people. I know those guys. They're not gay. Just assholes.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger ADW said...

Boat shoes plus no socks at a baseball game = super dick. Gay, Straight or Alien.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is an insult to gay men to assume that these two are a gay couple.
Two gay men would clearly have much better fashion sense.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to what Amanda said, including the disappointment part. Homophobia is not a joke! Tell my friend whose firstborn was murdered on June 10, 2007 by a homophobic psycho.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger El Guapo in DC said...

Wow. I hate to dissapoint. I showed the pictures to two gay amigos of mine who said that they were DEFINITELY not gay.

"Honey, that ain't style," was his exact quote. "They ain't my kind," was another.

But, if I offended anyone, I am sorry. The pictures will stay up, because at the end of the day, the guy was wearing boat shoes with no socks. Sorry. That gets made fun of.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

"There was so much pent up homosexual tension between those two that it was making our whole section cry."

hilarious. That is exactly what I was thinking when I looked at the pix. At a baseball game.

Yes, crocs are UGLY. me no likee.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm they look like the pijo españoles that I knew and loved to make fun of in Madrid. so glad they have made their way over to the US!

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy mean-spirited, El Guapo. WTF did these guys do wrong except be white and wear collared shirts? Good grief.

It's weird, your stuff can be really sensitive and thoughtful sometimes. But on a couple of occasions you've posted stuff like this that just has a really ugly feeling. And the anti-gay overtones are not that sweet.

Sorry but it's true.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Mistress Daphne said...

OK, BTW - I have to step in here and suggest everyone relax. I feel pretty strongly that El Guapo's intent was not at all to inflict harm or insult anyone, and any misunderstanding is unfortunate and simply accidental.

Like anything else posted online in a blog, it's open to interpretation. Sometimes, subject matter is inflammatory. However, upon re-reading this post, I find nothing in it overtly homophobic. As a matter of fact, El Guapo quotes the reader who submitted the photos, and it seems to be his comments that are causing so much ire.

I didn't read this as homophobia so much as I read it as two douche-y dressers doing that homo-EROTIC thing that two guy friends do when they are at an event together --- enjoying one another's company. There's lots of safe male-bonding closeness that can be observed but nothing obviously sexual. It's in the subtext. Lots of high-fiving and hugging around the neck. Lots of head-noogies or squeezing the trapezius muscle. We've seen it all before --- it's why most guys put a seat between them in the movie theater. They don't want to be THATCLOSE, but sometimes, sporting events necessitate being THATCLOSE. In this case, the reader has submitted photographic evidence of the one guy's arm across the seat back, etc.

I think everyone needs to reread, relax, and rethink before jumping to conclusions. Just a suggestion.

And honestly, if you don't behave, I'll get my flogger and MAKE you behave. ;)

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger E. Morena said...

Nah, he's straight up poppin his collar, and what's worse is the fact that he's wearing a pink (salmon?) shirt. Ghetto ass.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, maybe it's because I'm VERY FAR AWAY but the wirdest thing to me is the extra shoe under the seat in the 2nd picture...

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a gay woman and this post rubbed me the wrong way. Then I re-read it and noticed it was the submitter's comments, not El Guapo's, that were mean-spirited and homophobic.

El G, perhaps you should exercise your editing powers when readers send you pictures with ignorant and imature comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home