El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Friday, August 03, 2007

Miguel finds a hole

“Witches? Witches and wizards?”

Si.

“So, they’re at a school to be witches and wizards.”

Si.

“The whole thing is about them being witches and wizards?”

Si. They go on adventures and beat out forces of evil. Evil witches and wizards.

“But they’re at school?”

Yes. Learning to be witches and wizards.

“How do they get to go to that school?”

I think you have to have powers. You demonstrate powers or have a parent with powers. I don’t know.

“What happens after they’re out of school?”

What do you mean?

“Bueno, if they’re at a special witches and wizard school, then that means that other kids are at regular schools. They’re off being witches and wizards and the regular kids are off getting ready for college to be doctors and lawyers. The doctors and lawyers are going to make money, but how do the witches and wizards make money?”

I think they teach.

“No. That doesn’t make sense. How can every single of the students teach? That’s like every single kid in college going to become a teacher. It can’t happen. So, these kids who have all these fancy powers, they have to make money right? That, or they steal it, but then they’re the evil forces and have all these good wizards and witches fighting them”

Maybe they end up reading palms at county fairs. Maybe they sell potions.

“Maybe you’re an idiota. And people buy these books?”

Yes, millions of them.

“Do they realize that there is an obvious hole and that it shouldn’t make any sense? That their schooling isn’t going to earn them a living? That their world is going to be full of unemployed kids with powers? It doesn’t make sense. How can people still read these things?”

Miguel, honestly, I have no idea. I just don’t think they’re as deep as you are.

"You're right El Guapo. The witches and wizards should have jobs. What message are they sending to the kids? All these powers and no job prospects? It's not right."

Bridges falling, wars starting, polar bears dying and here we have mi amigo worrying about plot holes in Harry Potter. Mi vida. Everyday. Amazing.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

13 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw...they can work at the ministry of magic, though.

..haha yeah..i just..nevermind. :P

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger valiantqueen said...

Or, they can start their own joke shop, like the Weasleys....or they can own any other number of shoppes selling magiclike items--robes, owls, wands...or they can work at the bank...c'mon Miguel! Read the books! So many jobs for witches and wizards in their crazy little world! Sheesh.

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Little sausage said...

I love Miguel

 
At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lots of jobs for them. buy him an HP book so he can look it up.
who needs a job when you can do magic.
imma sit at home and magic me some food and cable.
thats all i need to live.

<3

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger ByTheWayBetch said...

money, schmoney. the wizards haven't been beaten down by the man!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger GreenCanary said...

*laughing at elfinlore's "imma sit at home and magic me some food and cable" comment*

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't bother trying to get Miguel to read those fantastic books. Everything ends right where he would finally get interested - we'll never know what those wands can do in the bedroom...

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I think it's hilarious that everyone posts comments defending the wizarding economy. Is it just me, or is that not really the point of the post? (Although I was tempted to do the same.)

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Miguel. Against, my better judgment, I love him.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey rather then reading the harry potter bs tell Miguel to read something a bit more life altering/realistic...ie Khalid Housseini's, A Thousand Splendid Suns, i just read it right after reading HP, and HOLY CRAP...i highly recommend this book to all of El Guapo's readers....if u've read the kite runner then this book will blow u away too

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually re-reading HP 5 at the moment- there's a section in the book devoted to wizarding careers. So, Miguel should problamente check what he says before he makes a prounouncement like that.

Now, I'm going to go cry in the corner because I am a complete nerd and have embarrassed myself by defending Harry Potter.

/sigh.
-Genius.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on a very long list waiting for book seven, so of course I have to defend those poor wizard and witch children. They can make anything they want to. Just tell Miguel that and I bet he will wish to be a wizard too! LMAO

A Thousand Splendid Sons ... EVERYBODY READ THE BOOK, IT'S PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger jenni said...

I"m just giggling over how Miguel says 'witches and wizards' in my head..

I know .. silly and unfounded, as I've never met him or heard him talk... but the miguel in my head well.... it makes me laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home