El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Friday, July 20, 2007

Picture Caption Friday

This week, I was getting my culture on with mi madre. In order to continue the growth and dominance of my Guatemalan people, it is necessary to expand our views and minds.



Yesterday, I was at the Hirshorn Museum along the National Mall. In truth, this is my favorite museum. I've never been into the old classic art with the paintings of gypsies and Dutch landscape. It hurts my precious brown eyes.

Mi mama, is the complete opposite. She likes the masters and isn't into the whole contemporary business her son meddles in.

"This does nothing for me. How is this art?"

Because they thought of it first, mama.

Then, I was walking along and I saw this:

Forgive me for not remembering the exact title, but it was something along the lines of: "Memorial for the Victims of Organized Religion".

As you may know, mi madre is a fan of organized religion. So, her comment is also my caption for this picture:

"Memorial to Buyers of Really Expensive Plastic"

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

8 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! First comment. Although I like "Gypsy and Dutch landscapes", I likay this - not much of a fan of organized religion here!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger ADW said...

I like tu madre.....

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE the hirshorn. it was my favorite museum in DC. once they had an exhibit that was just candy wrapped in a metal foil on the floor - but as people picked pieces and moved other pieces around, a camera would take photos of the floor and the changing shape of the pile of candy . . . brilliant! (and yummy!)

but i like your mom's title, too.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger ByTheWayBetch said...

it's like 30 mirrors!! that's a cool installment, especially if you read about it. it's an interesting take on religion -- almost indecipherable blacks vs. navy blues to show that it's difficult to see the difference between the religions. it doesn't blame anyone; we're all responsible. and you see yourself reflected. it makes you think.

also, it must have taken fffoooooooooreeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeerrrr to measure that and set it up. that's some serious stamina.

desafortunadamente, that's the only interesting piece in that entire exhibit.

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a corresponding memorial to the victims of communism? Or is 100 million in the 20th century not noteworthy?

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger savannah said...

havent seen the installation, but i do like your mother's caption...

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

this one wasn't there when i was there a couple months ago... but i LOVE both your & mama's response

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger avocadoinparadise said...

This is the type of modern art that one needs to hear a talk by the author to appreciate at all. It makes you feel silly while walking around. It makes me walk faster to get to something more worth looking at.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home