El Guapo in DC

I am El Guapo. The most Guapo man in all of DC. Mucho Amor

Monday, June 04, 2007

Scotland

I'm huge in Scotland. Huge. Like Maradona in Argentina, but without the lard and cocaine.

I received note that imports of Flan to Scotland has increased 10 fold since I started writing this blog. You're welcome Scottish people.

The truth is that I always thought Scotland was a country made up by Mel Gibson in Braveheart, but when I discovered that it was a real life country with real life people walking around, I was amazed.

I discovered a man, named Kim, who sometimes graces my blog. While he is going through a mid-life crisis, he is the type of man that I feel has life figured out. He is in a happy marriage to an artist with a sexy Scottish voice that I can't understand and a loving daughter who draws pictures. He even has a beard, the distant cousin of the mustache, which he proudly shows to the world.

He asked me to write a post for his site and I took about 17 months thinking of what I could actually write for the blog of a man named Kim.

This is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy.

Mr. Kim, I hope that when I grow up I can be as wise as you are, but without the Scottish accent. I need mi mama to understand the words coming out of mi boca.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

6 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Aye, you're huge in Scotland El G. In fact I think you should start creating some official merchandise - I've already seen kids on the streets with home made El Guapo t-shirts. It's only a matter of time before someone starts mass production and you'll be missing out on a major revenue stream.

You should also record some of your blog entries so we can hear them with your Guatemalan accent, a sort of Radio Guapo.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger savannah said...

thanks, sugar...always a treat to read you...

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kewl post. But 17 months to write a guest entry on a blog, Ay caray, are you sure you're not Mexican?

<insert pseudo-comedic pause>

TRANQUILO, raza, J-G here is 50% Mexican, DNA-wise. Puntuality-wise the percentage is much higher.

J-G
with a mustache -and- beard

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger ADW said...

El G - I love your blog. I was over at Kim's earlier and read your guest post - good stuff.

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes El Guapo, the Scottish people are very much in love with your way of words, not to mention your beautiful moustache.

I would grow one in honour, were I not forced to work clean shaven. As such I am a broken man.

Muchos amor from Edinburgh, Scotland.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Katharine Sofia said...

It's great to hear that you've got other readers in Scotland. I'd love to wear one of your shirts in Edinburgh.

And yes, we do so very much love your moustache. We know it's beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home